Trip around the village
Would you like to join us?
Our topic this term is called 'Street Detectives' and is all about Keyworth. On Thursday 30th September we are venturing out into the village to explore life in Keyworth and compare this to life in the past.
It would be really useful to have a few helpers join us and support the children. If you are free from approximately 9.20 to 11.00 on this day and would like to help out, please let Mrs O'Connor know or email Mrs Buttery in the office.
We are also hoping to interview someone who has lived in the village a long time before the end of this half term. If you know someone who might be able to help us with this, please get in touch and we can arrange a date for them to come into class.
In the meantime, here are some ideas for things you can do at home to support your child's learning:
- Look at the detail outside your house and make an observational drawing.
- Draw a map of your street and where you live.
- Draw a map of your ideal village. Who would live there? What shops would you have? What would the houses be like?
- Chat to your family about Keyworth and how it has changed over the years.
- Research what family life was like in the 1900s.
- Do something to help your local community such as litter picking or helping a neighbour.
- Visit a shop with your grown up. Help them write a shopping list and work out the cost.
- Explore Keyworth using google maps, google Earth and street view.
- Make a leaflet all about Keyworth.