Welcome back to Autumn 2-Why do earthquakes happen, and volcanoes erupt?
Welcome back to the second half of the Autumn term! I hope you have had a restful break and are ready to come back fresh and start a new topic!
We will be learning lots of exciting things and this half-term’s curriculum information and knowledge organiser can be found as an attachment at the bottom of the blog (we'll be looking at volcanoes and earthquakes as part of our topic!!). We will also be having some exciting visitors from the British Geological Survey.
What is our class text for this half-term?
Last half-term we focused on texts by the Little people, Big dreams series as well as Autumn poetry. This half-term we will be reading Wild Robot by Peter Brown. Feel free to purchase a copy so your child can bring their own copy into school and read along.
Here are the school expectations for your child:
- To be reading at least 3 x a week at home and for home schoolbooks to be signed every week. You could even attend reading lair to do this!
- For children to remain in their green zone on doodlemaths and doodlespell (this is approximately 40 minutes every week).
- If your child went swimming last half-term they will no longer be going swimming and will do PE on a Thursday and Friday instead. If your child hasn't gone swimming, yet they will be now be taking part in swimming every Thursday afternoon and a PE session with Miss Robinson on a Friday afternoon. It is important these kits are labelled and brought in so your child can take part in these activities. If you would like your child to wear goggles a permission letter from you must be given to School before these sessions.
- For children to complete their Bronze Reading challenges (these can be found at the back of your child’s home school book).
- Checking the class blog regularly to see what we’re doing in school.
Upcoming Dates for your diary:
-Children in Need 18th November
- Christmas lights switch on with choir 3rd December
-BGS visitor coming in on 6th December and 7th December
- Christmas Jumper Day on 9th December
-Christmas morning performance- 13th December- 9.30am-10.30am
- Christmas afternoon performance- 14th December- 2pm- 3pm
- Christmas evening performance- 14th December- 6.30pm- 7.30pm
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or pass on a message to the office.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all very soon!