Happy new year! Who were the first people who lived in Britain?
Our new topic
Happy new year!!!
Welcome back to the start of the Spring term!
I hope you have had a restful break and are ready to come back fresh and start a new topic as well as a new year!
We will be learning lots of exciting things and this half-term’s curriculum information and knowledge organiser can be found as an attachment at the bottom of the blog (we'll be looking at the Glorious Stone Age part of our topic!!).
What is our class text for this half-term?
Last half-term we focused on a book called Wild Robot by Peter Brown. This term we will be focusing on the books ' The Great Cave & The Great Flood by Terry Deary. Feel free to purchase a copy so your child can bring their own copy into school and read along.
Here are the school expectations for your child:
- To be reading at least 3 x a week at home and for home schoolbooks to be signed every week. You could even attend reading lair to do this!
- For children to remain in their green zone on doodlemaths and doodlespell (this is approximately 40 minutes every week).
- For children to work on their Silver Reading challenges (these can be found at the back of your child’s home school book).
- Checking the class blog regularly to see what we’re doing in school.
You would have received a text before half term to inform you whether your child will be going swimming after half-term or doing outdoor learning on a Thursday afternoon.
If your children went swimming recently they will be doing PE and outdoor learning when they go back every Thursday. If they did swimming in Autumn 1 (September-Oct) they will be swimming after February half-term and doing PE every Thursday. Please see our swimming blog on our class blog if you would like to remind your children of what to expect and reminders: click here and please see the form that was sent out regarding outdoor learning.
PE for both groups of children will be on a Thursday.
Dates for the Diary:
- Wednesday 4th January – School starts back.
- Wednesday 4th January- Choir performing at Young Voices
- Friday 27th January- Year 2 Class Assembly
- Week beginning Monday 6th February- Children’s Mental Health Week
- Wednesday 8th February- Safer Internet Day
- Friday 10th February- Break up for February Half Term.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or pass on a message to the office.
I’m looking forward to seeing you all very soon!