Welcome from Mr Cresswell
We are delighted that you have chosen to send your child to Keyworth Primary and Nursery School and look forward to working with you over the coming months to ensure your child has the best possible start to school life. Whether this is your first child joining Keyworth, or you have had other children pass through our school, we know how important it is that you get all the information you need to prepare for school life.
The current coronavirus situation means our transition will need to be different this year - we typically arrange pupil visits and parents' meetings to share information and help you and your child get a feel for life at Keyworth. As such, the meetings we had planned for the will not go ahead. However, we will be sharing information and contacting you over the next week or so in a range of different ways:
- Your child will be in 'The Meadow’ class. We have created a blog called ‘Getting Ready to Start at KPNS’ on our school website and have subscribed you so you should get emails when it is updated.
- There is an email address - email@example.com - which will be live from 26th June where you can send questions about transition arrangements for September (Please allow up to a working week for a reply)
- Mrs Lindley and Mrs Gerrard will be contacting you by phone to touch base and get to know you and your child a little better. If you are new to the school, you can arrange an appointment to come and see the school and meet the team in person.
- We have prepared a powerpoint with key information about the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which will be shared on the ‘Getting Ready…’ blog.
- Mrs Buttery in the office will be contacting you about issues linked to administration (Please complete the pupil data form she has sent previously if you haven't done so already)
- We frequently update the school website, so have a browse if you have time and would like to learn more about the school.
I'm sure you understand that the government's plans for schools in September have not been announced, but as soon as they are, we will update you. We are very hopeful that things will return to normal in time for the new school year.
Please let us know us if there are any adjustments we need to make to support you as we plan for September. We hope you and your child will enjoy your years at Keyworth Primary, and we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our ‘family’!