welcome to year 1!
Welcome back to school everybody! It has been lovely to see all of your smiley faces today for our first day in Year 1. We have had a really great day and have settled into our new class very well.
We will be starting our new topic 'Enchanted Woodland' on Monday. Please see the attached document for more information on this exciting topic!
Some general reminders:
- ReadWrite Inc phonics books will be changed on a Monday. Children can choose a book from the story trolley at the start and end of each day. The story trolley will be kept outside the classroom entrance and books should be returned when they are finished with. All books should be kept in a school book bag to protect the books and these book bags will fit in their individual drawer in the classroom.
Your child will need to bring their books in with them everyday so they can be used in phonics lessons.
- Please read with you child at least three times a week and sign their reading record to show they have done this. It is important for your child to read regularly, so they can rehearse and embed their phonics. Reading Lair will be open every morning between 8.30 and 8.50 for you to read with your child.
· We have PE on a Tuesday and a Thursday. Please make sure all kit items are labelled. This also applies to their general school uniform.
· All jewellery should be removed for PE lessons. Please ensure your child can remove and put their earrings back in themselves. Earrings cannot be covered with tape and staff will not be responsible for removing them.
· We are now working towards our bronze reading awards! When your child has read a book please sign this off at the back of their home/school books.
· All children should aim to keep within the green zone on their Doodlemaths. I will stick their Doodle passwords in all home school diaries which will be handed out on Monday.
- Starting next week, we will have weekly spelling quizzes. I have attached the spelling lists below and will stick these in your child's home school diary.
- Year 1 and 2 Sports Club will be held afterschool on Tuesdays with Miss Robinson.
Well done again to you lovely Annings! I am very proud of how well you have settled into your new class.
If you have any concerns, please catch me to ask and I will be happy to help.