Welcome to the final half-term of Year 1!
Our topic focus this half-term is a history unit all about transport. Our lessons will be based around the question 'How and why has transport changed over time?'. We compare transport from the past and present and discuss how these have changed. We will also learn about the exciting inventions of the Wright Brothers and George Stephenson and explore how they changed travel around the world. You will find the knowledge organiser for this unit at the bottom of the page.
In science, we will continue to learn about the four seasons and their features. We will create our own Anning weather station where we will observe and record the weather conditions and end the topic by comparing our Keyworth weather with sunny Spain!
Here are the other subjects we will be covering this half-term:
Literacy: The Adventure of the Queen's Hat, instructions
Maths: Place value to 100, money, and time
Science: Seasonal changes
Art: Seasonal collage, watercolour skies
DT: Weather station equipment
Music: Vivaldi's Four Seasons, making rhythms and beats
Jigsaw: Changing Me
RE: Jewish Stories
- Please continue listening to your child read, and recording in their home-school book 3 times a week. We are smashing phonics this year so now we all need to work on reading fluently with great storyteller voices!
- Please stay in the green zone for DoodleMaths - this equates to roughly 5 minutes a day. If you are having problems accessing DoodleMaths, please let me know, and I will help you to get this sorted.
- The spelling list for this half-term is attached to the bottom of this page.
- We are still working towards our gold reading awards - I have been impressed with how many of you have completed your bronze and silver awards so keep it up!
- Our end of year performance this year is Oliver! Please see the blog for information regarding tickets and costumes.
- The WB 20th June is Sports Week. During this week the children will be participating in a variety of sports and activities and we will finish with our sports day on Friday 25th June. Children may wear their PE kits for this week. Please watch this space for more details.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Let's make this last half-term the best!