Welcome to year 2!
Welcome to Year 2! I have had a great time meeting you all over the past few days and I'm very excited about our year ahead!
Our topic question this term is ‘How is our local area different from Tanzania?’ and in science we will be exploring animals including humans. For more information about what these topics will be covering please find the knowledge organisers attached. These are a great way of helping your child to learn key facts ready for our learning in class.
- Read to an adult at least three times a week. Please sign your child's home school diary to show they have done this. Diaries will be checked on Fridays. Please speak to me if you have any issues with reading three times a week. Find out more about Reading Lair here.
- Work your way through the Bronze Reading Award (these can be found at the back of your child’s school diary)
- I know you have all been working super hard on your Doodlemaths, please make sure you stay in the green zone!
- Now we are in Year 2 we have access to Doodlespell, please practise these weekly spellings. Our first set of spellings will be sent out on Monday 5th September.
- If I need to get in touch with you, I will either send you a text message or catch you at the end of the day. If you need to contact me, please catch me on the door after school or make an appointment with the school office.
- Please ensure your child brings their book bag into school every day.
- Our PE days will be Tuesday and Friday. On Friday children will be coming home in their PE kit, please can you make sure that kits are returned in time for our lesson on Tuesday.
- We have drumming lessons on Tuesday afternoons.
- I will not be in the classroom on a Tuesday afternoon – the children will be taught by Mrs Lees and Miss Robinson on these afternoons.
- Please check out our new behaviour and attendance policy if you have not already done so.