OUR NEW BIG IDEA: READY, STEADY, GROW!
We are very excited to announce our final topic before the summer holidays commence.
Our topic is 'Ready Steady Grow '... Your child will take part in practical activities to explore where food comes from. They will learn what seeds and plants need to grow and grow a variety of plants. They will explore what constitutes a healthy lifestyle, including eating fruit and vegetables, exercise and the importance of teeth brushing. They will find out about life on a farm and about baby animals.
Supporting your child at home
- Visit your local library and find books about farms to share.
- Visit a local farm or farm shop (Harker's farm shop is lovely, it has a viewing area where the children can spot lots of different animals)
- Watch Cbeebies episodes of 'Down on the Farm'
- Make a shopping list together and go to the shops to buy the food. Look at the labels- where has the food travelled from - is it from the UK or somewhere else?
- Grow some quick growing plants or make a cress head.
- Talk about healthy foods.
- Share and discuss the 'Big Idea' resource below (also attached as a PDF for clearer viewing).