WHY DO SPIDERS SPIN WEBS?
This week we are talking all things spiders!
We will be exploring these big idea question's:
- Why do Spiders spin webs?
- How many legs do spiders have? (Spiders are not classed as an insect because all insects have 6 legs!)
- What is a predator? What is prey?
We will be sharing these brilliant books to help bring our topic to life:
And of course singing and signing to these classic nursery rhymes:
Last week, the children in F2 were learning about 3D shapes and their properties. We looked at these different shapes - cube, cylinder, cone, cuboid, pyramid, sphere.
We went on a 3D shape hunt in the classroom and found our globe that was a sphere, boxes that were cuboids and dice that were cubes! Here are some ideas to support this learning at home - we would love to see what you get up to on tapestry!
- (F2) The children are doing amazingly with their phonics - please make sure they are reading their RWI books or practising their blending book/speed sounds at home too. The school expectation is at least three diary entries a week (this can include sharing stories together too). Keep up the super work F2!
- See if your children can talk about/answer the big idea question's of the week at home:
-Why do Spiders spin webs?
-How many legs do spiders have?