Summer Term Swimming
Starting immediately after the Easter Holidays, Hawking Class will have a swimming lesson every Thursday afternoon. They will be walking to the swimming pool with Mrs Lees and Miss Groves.
To enable this to happen, we need a volunteer to go with us each week. Please contact the school office or catch me if you are able to help with this.
Guidance for swimming:
- Your child will need a swimming costume with them otherwise they cannot participate in the swimming session. For girls this must be a swimsuit (no bikinis or tankinis) and for boys, trunks (not swimming shorts).
- They will also need a towel.
- No earrings at all. If the children come with them in, staff can't take them out and they will not be able to swim.
- Long hair must be tied up - a bun is preferable as long ponytails impede the arm movement in the water.
- Children will need to be able to get changed within 5 minutes so they can have time in the pool. If they are not great at this, please practise with them over the holidays.
- Whilst the children are having swimming lessons in school, it would be great if you can find time during the weekend or evenings to take them as a family so that they are building their confidence.
Please do not send your child to school wearing their swimming costume: this makes going to the toilet during the day complicated and often results in them having no underwear to put on when they come out of the water!!