Welcome Back HAWKING class!
Happy Friday Hawking Class!
I hope you have all had a fantastic summer break and enjoyed your first two days in Year Five – I know I have!
With it being the first week back there is a lot of information I wish to share with you. Please take a moment to read through the details below and let me know if you have any questions. Our topic is called Fire Damp and Davy Lamp and is all about Coal Mining. I will attach a curriculum map next Friday so you can see what we will be learning.
- Read to an adult at least three times a week. Please sign your child's home school diary to show they have done this. Diaries will be checked on Fridays. Please speak to me if you have any issues with reading three times a week. Find out more about Reading Lair here.
- Stay in the green zone on Doodlemaths.
- Practise Year 5 weekly spellings ready for our spelling quiz on Friday afternoons. These spellings will be sent home in Reading Diaries but also will be put on Doodlespell. Our first set of spellings will be sent out next Friday ready for a test on the 16th.
- Work your way through the Bronze Reading Award.
- If I need to get in touch with you, I will either send you a text message or catch you at the end of the day. If you need to contact me please catch me on the door after school or make an appointment with the school office.
- Please ensure your child brings their book bag into school every day.
- Our PE days will be Monday and Wednesday so your child will need to bring in their kit every Monday. We will also be taking part in ukulele lessons on Tuesdays.
- I will not be in the classroom on a Monday afternoon – the children will be taught by Mrs Lees on these afternoons.
- Please check out our new behaviour and attendance policy if you have not already done so.
Have a wonderful weekend!