Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2023.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a well-earned rest.
Our topic this term focuses on the Terrible Tudors, alongside a science focus on the Earth in Space and Forces. This half-term’s curriculum information and knowledge organisers can be found as attachments at the bottom of this blog.
What is our class text for this term?
Once we have finished Holes, we will be turning our attention to a book I shared with the children the very first time I met them: Boy in the Tower by Polly Ho-Yen. Whilst, it doesn’t link directly to our history topic, it is nevertheless a beautifully written book that captures the reader from the very first chapter.
A reminder of the school expectations for your child:
* Read at least 3 times a week at home (or alternatively, come to Reading Lair!)
* Check and sign your child’s home-school diary every week.
* Remain in the green zone on Doodlemaths and Doodlespell (this totals approximately 40 minutes every week).
* Work on achieving the Silver Reading challenges (these can be found at the back of your child’s home-school diary).
* Check the class blog regularly to see what we’re doing in school.
PE this term will be on a Thursday with Mrs Lees and a Friday with Miss Robinson.
Please make sure your child has their kit in school with them on those days. A reminder that PE kit should include trainers, shorts or joggers and a change of top.
Dates for the Diary:
- Friday 27th January- Year 2 Class Assembly
- Week beginning Monday 6th February- Children’s Mental Health Week
- Wednesday 8th February- Safer Internet Day
- Friday 10th February- Break up for February Half Term.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask me or pass on a message to the office.