WHY AM I BRILLIANT? HOW CAN I BE A KPNS SUPERHERO?
This week, the big idea question's we are exploring are:
Why am I brilliant?
What do I like doing?
How am I unique?
How can I be a KPNS superhero?
We will be sharing these brilliant stories to help discuss our big idea question's:
Our Makaton signs of the week will be learning colours... Here are the prime colours you could have a go signing at home.
The F2's have totally blown us away in their RWI sessions last week! Hopefully when we send home their speedy sounds they can impress you at home too.
This week we will be learning to read and write these sounds:
We will learn a sound each day and all the sounds we have taught so far will be put into book bags to practise at home. Your children could always have a go at the formation too if they are feeling extra clever! Saying the handwriting saying as they write (e.g. i - down the body, dot for the head). This doesn't have to be pen and paper, it could be chalks outside, drawing in bubbles in the bath, with sticks in the mud... The possibilities are endless!
- (F2) Doodle maths log ins are all stuck in the front of reading diaries - Mrs King says collecting stars little and often is the best way! Let us know if you have any issues logging in.
- Last week the children made beautiful paper frames and decorated them-these are to make a display... If you could send a family photo in on tapestry we can add these to your child's frame 😊🏡💕 (big thanks to everyone that has already done this).
- (F2) Over the next couple of weeks, Miss Inglis and Mrs Gerrard will be completing the statutory RBA baseline with the F2 children. Please find more information in PDF attached to this page, as always if you have any questions feel free to speak to one of us.
- (F2) We are still a few PE kits short in school- if PE kits could be in school for PE on Wednesday that would be great (black shorts, red t-shirt and plimsolls or trainers- all named please). We can keep PE kits in school and send them home every half-term to be washed. Any practise getting changed at home independently is hugely appreciated!
- A huge well done to everyone reading at home and signing your diaries! Remember to tick off a number on the bronze reward page at the back of your diaries each time you read/practise your speedy sounds... You are well on your way to getting your bronze awards! 🌟📚🎉🤸♂️ (Remember Blaze's Reading Lair counts as an entry too!)