Taking care of your wellbeing during this time...
Hello Sea Lions,
I hope you are doing well and keeping safe. Many of you are working really well at your home learning packs and I can see how much effort you're putting into your Doodlemaths and Mymaths, I've been checking in everyday to see what you've been up to and some of you have even completed all the Mymaths activities! So well done you!
Please don't forget to log onto 'reading eggs' as much as you can because this is a fantastic resource and it has lots of reading comprehension activities ( if you're not sure how it works: https://readingeggs.co.uk/info/faqs/).
This might feel like a difficult or stressful time but there are lots of simple things you can try that could help your wellbeing for example eating well, staying hydrated and getting enough sleep.
I've also made a list of a few activities you might want to try if you haven't already:
- Listening to your favourite music.
- Watching your favourite tv shows/films.
- Doing some gardening.
- Going for a daily walk and socially distancing.
- Exercising- Joe Wick's is doing great daily PE lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o8wMgAT-Y
- Checking in with friends via technology and using this in a positive way.
- Reading your favourite books or listening to audiobooks (David Williams is releasing free audiobooks for children currently and the app 'audible' is also doing this ).
- Using mindful apps such as 'calm' or 'headspace' both are free to download.
I have attached some activities you might want to try at this bottom of this blog these include: journaling, colouring, garden activities etc.
Please take care of yourselves and try to remain positive.
Please send in any work you are proud of and I can put it on the blog if you would like me to: email@example.com