📚🌟EYFS WORLD BOOK DAY!🌟📚
What a wonderful day we have had in EYFS celebrating World Book Day... We thought all the costumes were brilliant, and the children (and ourselves) had a fabulous day!
In the morning, we went to the hall for a special assembly and created a whole school poem which was very exciting!
Then we came back to the unit and did lots of activities linked to stories and poems.
- We performed our 'Popcorn' poem (check out Tapestry to see this) and made popcorn in the microwave - we couldn't believe how big the bag got and how noisy all the popping was! We of course enjoyed eating the popcorn too.
- We carefully measured out ingredients to make dough to use for our 'Pancakes' poem
- We made stick puppets from stories and rhymes to re-tell stories we know
- We had tea in the water tray inspired by our 'cup of tea' poem
- We shared lots of our favourite stories throughout the day
Here are our pictures from the day... (We did find it a little tricky to get a photo of the very excited children all looking the same way - so we've put a few on) 😂