Covid-19 cases over the Easter holiday
COVID-19 OVER THE EASTER HOLIDAYS
Over the first few days of the holiday, schools have been asked to help coordinate Public Health England’s response to any positive cases of Covid-19 amongst school age children.
As such, if your child has a confirmed case before the 7th April, please contact us using email@example.com letting us know:
- Your child’s name and class
- When he / she was last in school
- When he / she started to show symptoms
- When he / she had a test
- When the positive result was confirmed
We will then contact members of staff and other children who might need to self-isolate.
After the 7th, you should follow NHS advice and, if appropriate, let us know on the first day back, the 19th April, that your child is self-isolating following a positive test result.
NHS advice can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- If we are notified of a positive test by 7th April, and the child’s first symptoms occurred no less than 48 hours after their last day attending school (3rd April, if child attended on the 1st) we will attempt to trace contacts of that child in school, as per government advice, and following any further advice. We will usually email any contacts, so please do check emails regularly.
- If a positive test result occurs after the 7th April, or symptoms occur 48 hours after the last attendance in school, we will not do any tracing as per government guidance. Track and trace will perform any tracing in these circumstances. However, please still let us know of a positive result. The graphic below may explain this more effectively.