At KPNS, we believe that it is fundamentally important to give our young pupils opportunities to discover more about the multi-cultural society that we are so fortunate to be a part of. Through Religious Education, we aim to give our children the tools to create and be a part of a community of mutual respect, tolerance and acceptance of other beliefs and customs, as well as an awareness of the different lifestyles that many of our community members with religious and non-religious views of the world may lead. We encourage the children to think about their impact on the world around them with our school ethos of The Keyworth Code, which has British Values at its heart,, and blends seamlessly with the ideals taught and explored in Religious Educations at our school.
At KPNS, we aim to:
- Promote pupil’s spiritual, cultural, social and moral development
- Build a knowledge and understanding about different faiths globally.
- Understand that RE lessons are structured, safe places to explore and express opinion as well as a time for reflection.
- Encourage pupils to engage in discussion, dialogue and debate which enables them to make their reasoning clear.
- Enrich the curriculum with faith visits and visitors to school.
- Allow for timely, sensitive, and child-friendly responses to be made to local, national or global events of religious, moral or philosophical nature (where appropriate).
See the 'KPNS RE Curriculum Overview' document below for:
- Page 4: Elements of RE document.
- Pages 5-6: Whole school RE overview.
- Page 7-11: Vocabulary and Strand Progression
The Nottinghamshire Agreed Syllabus and an example unit of work can also be found below